The largest RV solar kit commercially available and designed for RVs is Zamp's MEGA 1020-Watt Kit. This non-expandable kit should be considered if you plan to take your RV for the extended boondocking trips or you live in your RV and need serious recharging power.
Have the freedom to run your microwave, fridge, computers, TVs and other devices for extended periods of time and not worry about having enough power. Full time RVers and those who work out of their RVs everyday can rest easy knowing they won't have to worry about powering up. 1020-Watts of power, from six 170-Watt solar panels that measure 58.3" x 26.4" x 1.5" each, can keep the batteries charged and ready for work!
Zamp's 1020-Watt Roof Mount Solar Panel Kit can produce 400 amp-hours+ of power in a typical day with good light (7+ Hours). It's recommended to have a battery bank of at least 600 amp-hours to ensure your battery can handle this power.
Essentially a Plug-N-Play System
Zamp’s Deluxe Systems are designed in a way that the hardest part of installing a kit has been done for you. All the wires have been pre-terminated with the battery connections, and charge controller connections. The only wiring you must do is to simply turn a screwdriver to hold them in place.
- 6 - 170-Watt Monocrystalline U.S. Made Solar Panel – Each 58.3" x 26.4" x 1.5", 24.25 lbs.
- 6 Sets of Solar Panel Mounting Feet – Clamp Style Allows Removal for Servicing
- 60 Amp Digital Charge Controller
- Digital Display Showing Amps, Volts and Accumulated Amp-Hours for the Day
- Remote display Copies Digital Display and Buttons
- LED Indicator Lights Shows Battery Level – 25, 50, 95%
- Programmable for 6 Types of Batteries – LiFeP04, LTO, WET, AGM, GEL, Calcium
- Back Feed Protection
- 2- 3 Port Roof Cap – Easily add more POWER!
- Pre-Wired Wiring Kit – With Ring Terminals and Fuses
- No need to cut, splice or crimp wire – Already Done!
- 2 - 15’ 8/2 UV Resistant Underground Rated Roof Cap to Charge Controller Wire
- 10’ 6/2 UV Resistant Underground Rated Solar Controller to Battery Wire
- Pre-Wired Fuse Between Battery and Charge Controller
Made in Bend, Oregon. Zamp Solar started manufacturing solar panels in the U.S. for use in their kits and systems in 2015. They are one of few U.S. solar panel manufactures that warranty their panels for use on mobile applications, like RVs.
Prewired for Solar Ready RVs
Zamp Solar comes pre-installed on many of the RVs being manufactured today. Solar Ready RVs come prewired with Zamp Solar ports. There are two types of ports on SRRVs, a solar sidewall port and a solar roof cap. Any RV that comes prewired with a 3-port roof cap can take advantage of simply installing a solar charge controller and a deluxe expansion kit.
Send Us an Email
Have questions about this particular product? Have topic ideas for our Off Grid Pros podcast? Just want to talk? Send us an email to:
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.